FASTEST RESPONSE TIME IN ACCIDENTS, HEART ATTACKS AND PARALYTIC STROKES
Accident / Emergency care at National Heart Institute is an exclusive domain committed to provide immediate treatment in any emergency. All the emergency medicine doctors, surgeons and support staffs are trained to deal with cases from minor injuries to patients requiring advanced trauma care. The primary objective of the centre is to provide acute care to injured patients. This centre provides round-the-clock service with 24 x 7 access to modern operation theatres, a fully stocked 24-hour pharmacy & imaging and diagnostic tools for immediate and accurate diagnosis of the patient's condition. The emergency care staff are specially trained and equipped to respond to patients who need immediate and prompt medical care.
- Tertiary emergency centre with a trauma team, including heart attack, orthopedics, general surgery and anesthesiology
- Emergency operation theatre, triage room, transit ward, a pneumatic system for blood investigation, and shock room that is exclusively meant for cardiac arrest patients for CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Ventilators, cardiac monitors, biphasic defibrillator and all the emergency equipments and drugs required to handle emergency.
- Mobile X-Ray unit, an ultra-sonogram and CT & Nuclear Medicine facility.
- The hospital offers 24/7 ambulance services and has an ambulance control room.
- Zero-infection environment, Zero-infection certified blood and blood components and many other critical factors, imperative in critical care treatment
- 24-hour pharmacy
The Center is equipped to handle all emergencies ranging from minor to major medical and accident emergencies, including:
- Environmental emergencies like drug abuse/ poisoning
- Emergency care for elderly / handicapped, terminally ill or patients with multi-system failures
- Simple procedures like wound suturing, incision and drainage, dressing, application of plaster of paris casts
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, endotracheal intubation, securing central venous access, facility for treating poly -trauma and severe head injuries.
- There is an information desk in the ground floor and the front desk is manned round the clock.
- Pay phones and cafeteria, where you can buy food and drinks are all on the ground floor.
- Auto/Cabs are usually available outside the hospital, right across the gate from the Emergency entrance.
- Most banks & ATMs like ICICI, HDFC, Axis, SBI, ING Vysya, BOB etc are within 100 meters from the hospital.
- Smoking is not allowed inside or outside the hospital.
- Cellular phones can interfere with our equipment. Please turn off your cellular phone when you are in any area of the hospital where we care for patients or when you are near a patient attached to any kind of medical equipment.