|Our Doctors||Our Infrastructure||Our Staff|
DEPARTMENT OF CARDIOLOGY- CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
The Department provides intensive cardiac care, diagnosis & treatment of cardiac ailments. It has latest technologies for cardiac catheterization and angiography, Angioplasty, Valvuloplasty, Pacemaker and Defibrillator implantation, 3 D Echo, Holter, Stress Testing, Electrophysiological Studies, etc. The hospitalís warm ambience, dedicated & well qualified doctors, cheerful & pleasing support staff, modern outpatient facility and dedicated inpatient care ensures that the patient is in the best hands at National Heart Institute.
National Heart Institute has been a leader in the treatment of all forms of heart diseases for more than 34 years. Department of cardiology is headed by Dr. Vinod Sharma. Department repertoire include:
- Cardiac Catheterization and Coronary Angiography
- Angioplasty and Stenting
- Carotid angiography and intervention
- Peripheral intervention
- Stress testing and noninvasive cardiac risk stratification
- Pacemakers and defibrillators
- Interventional cardiology is a branch of the medical speciality of cardiology that deals specifically with the catheter based treatment of structural heart diseases
- A large number of procedures can be performed on the heart by catheterization. This most commonly involves the insertion of a sheath into the femoral artery (in practice, any large peripheral artery or vein) and cannulating the heart under X-ray visualization (fluoroscopy, a real-time x-ray).
- Angioplasty (PTCA, Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty) - for coronary atherosclerosis
- Valvuloplasty - dilation of narrowed cardiac valves (usually mitral, aortic or pulmonary)
- Procedures for congenital heart disease - insertion of occluders for ventricular or atrial septal defects, occlusion of patent ductus arteriosus, angioplasty of great vessels etc.
- Emergency angioplasty and stenting of occluded coronary vessels in the setting of acute heart attacks (Primary PTCA), Coronary Thrombectomy - a procedure performed to remove thrombus (blood clot) from blood vessels.
- Carotid angioplasty
- Insertion of temporary and permanent pacemaker including dual chamber pacing
- Insertion of AICD (Internal Defibrillator), Radio frequency ablation for irregular rhythms of the heart.
- Invasive procedures of the heart to treat arrhythmias are performed by specialists in clinical cardiac electrophysiology.